Re: What calibration items to buy.

Harvey White

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 16:32:03 -0500, you wrote:

Close, but how about this scenario:
I'll guess.

I have a 5-1/2 dig DMM (dc) with 200mv low range.
OK, then LSD displayed = 10 uv.

I have a voltage ref standard with 1uv resolution.
Got one of them, too.
I know the std is good in the 10uv slot but may be off in the 1mv.
Then anything involving that digit is suspect, which carries over to
the next digit in what I'd say is a possible 1 digit error.
Can I calibrate the DMM to it’s full spec?
I'd say no. The last digit is uncertain (could be anything), which I
think could cause the next digit (100 uv) to be off by one.
Or am I missing something.
What if the DMM was 2v low range?
And 5 1/2 digits the lsb is 100 uv, see above with uncertainty about
the 100 uv digit.

Note I don’t need to prove cal to anyone but myself.
Well, that's what I think will happen. Let's see if I got it right.

Harvey

Sent from kjo iPhone