Re: Tekmate floppy setup problem.

Szabolcs Szigeti

Hi,

Thanks, but I doubt it. I have tried a number of disks, even one from an
original packaging. I'm able to use them in a notebook. The imteresting
thing is that if I try to format them in in the Tekmate, then format stops
with unusable track 0, but it formats that track. or at least does
something with that, because then I have to reformat the disk to use it
again. This is why i suspect that there is some discrepancy in what
bios/dos thinks about the drives and what they are really. But, I do not
see anything else other than the bios setup to change the floppy type.
I can still not beleive that I have 3 equally faulty floppy drives, but
I'll try and get hol of a fourth one or try them in a PC. I'll also try
cleaning them, to make sure that that is not the problem.

Szabolcs

It might surprise you, but your floppys are corrupt. I would suggest
getting a tube of disk cleaner (10%alcohol and a drop of detergent) - and
using a nice clean tissue - I recommend toilet paper - open the shutter and
clean the disk carefully on both sides. I have to do this to recover old
disks with files.

Good luck

Hugh @Hugh