Re: OT: Why is a Pomona Dual Banana Plug Shorting Bar Polarized

Adrian

Because you must always short things in one direction or it won't work of course, just like if you connect speakers so the +ve audio goes down a wire with black insulation and the -ve audio goes down the wire with red insulation it will sound terrible!

Tricky little things these electrons, they know a lot more than most people give them credit for ...or perhaps because Pomona just use the same moulding tool for everything...?

Adrian

On 2/26/2018 7:22 AM, Erik Hultine wrote:
Does Pomona know something about shorting bars that I don't?

Was I using them wrong half of the time if I wasn't paying attention to
their orientation?

Does anyone pay attention to the polarity of a shorting bar?