Re: Re-introduction to the group

jafinch78 .

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 06:59 pm, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

helps to have two different operating systems
I upgraded the laptop to SSD and installed Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus, then Skywave Linux (not successful due to pulse audio issue) and Windows 7 Professional. I don't like any Windows OS after 7 Ultimate pretty much from what I can tell. 10 may be suitable in the Professional or better version... I haven't tested enough though to assure stability of legacy applications running in virtual machines with different OS's.

The multi-boot option is flexible and highly recommended as long as there are drivers available. Custom modifying/hacking drivers to work is more challenging, though fun if you have the time. Be sure to run Boot Scan's also so the anti-infective software checks CMOS/bootloader if you suspect that type of issue. Great advice Dennis.