Re: Can we talk safety for a moment?

Richard R. Pope

David and et al,
For those of us who will not remove their wedding ring/s you can thoroughly wrap them in adhesive tape. There must not be any exposed metal and two layers are better than one. Also we were taught in the AF that if we had to touch a piece of equipment to use the back of our hand or at least an open hand. A lot less chance of being grabbed.
GOD Bless and thanks,
rich!

On 2/19/2018 8:20 AM, David Berlind wrote:
Whoever wrote "remove jewelry".... I left that one of my pre-work list. I'm
adding that. Also, even though my bench has a rubber mat on it, I really
like the idea of putting rubber on the floor. Right now, I stand (with
rubber soled shoes) when I'm working on a live amp because I don't want my
ass to help complete a circuit that goes through my wooden chair to the
floor. Does anyone have suggestions on where to acquire a relatively large
but thin sheet of rubber that I can put down under my bench and chair.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 7:43 AM, jafinch78 . <jafinch78@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 04:35 am, John Griessen wrote:

I don't remember such a rule in the 2004 elec code
Yeah, I've been grilled with implementing systems and methods to meet and
exceed U.S. Regulatory CFR, USP/NF, EP, NIST, or whomever dealing with
Standard's and... man... the self regulatory industries like law
enforcement, health care and certain I guess union attorney regulated
agencies rackets can override codes if no one enforces.

My recollection is still National Code to bond meter box to ground. I
even have a wire that was cut by and not re-attached by them, though
something to do with the one Utility Company... Indiana Michigan Power in
my investigation. Code Inspector said the same thing that is unique to
them if I recall correctly.