Re: Can we talk safety for a moment?

John Griessen

On 02/18/2018 11:35 PM, Richard R. Pope wrote:
Bob,
    Not here. The national code states that the meter box has be ungrounded. If you ground it the Power company won't connect the Power and the inspector will fail you. I have done several houses and everyone of them had to have the Meter Box left ungrounded.
Mmm.... uhh... not so sure.... The meter is connected by metal conduit that is very short distance
to a distribution panel box which is definitely safety GND wire bonded to box.
So, if there is such a rule, it is about the bonding screws being in a particular place, not leaving them off.
I don't remember such a rule in the 2004 elec code, which is the most recent I have studied thoroughly.