Re: Replacement for black coating on HV supply output.

Dale H. Cook

At 10:57 PM 2/18/2018, Chuck Harris wrote:

The problem is they are silver metal that has been sintered into the ceramic. It is essential that all work on such parts be done with a silver bearing solder. A small spool came with the scope.... though it is often lost.
That is one reason why I have for decades kept a small roll of silver-bearing solder on hand. I use it to refill a couple of Kester solder tubes, one each for shop and field, tagged with green electrical tape to indicate their contents. The other reason why I keep it is that some equipment that I encounter above about 1 GHz specifies its use.

Dale H. Cook, GR / HP Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/index.html