commonly-used format (zip, pdf, etc) so that it reduces the chance that it
will cause any difficulties.

Malc

On 1 February 2018 at 18:34, Michael A. Terrell <mike.terrell@...>
wrote:

Integrated software is fine for the clueless or casual user, but the third
party software wouldn't be created if the Integrated software was better.
It often has better features, and is easier to use.

I've had the integrated software refuse to decompress a file that 7Zip did
without complaints.

I started using it to combine and decompress scans of very old Electrical
Engineering and Radio text books that are out of copyright. They were
downloaded from Usenet, which has a severe limit of message size.

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.r.hunter@...>
Sent: Feb 1, 2018 1:12 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] New file uploaded to TekScopes@groups.io

The point I'm trying to make is zip files open without using any
third-party software. It's integrated into Windows Explorer and probably
most other modern operating systems' file managers.

Malc

On 1 February 2018 at 18:08, Brian via Groups.Io <
brianas1948=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I merely mentioned that as it is the most common one used for zip files
,
but equally as you mention them winrar, winzip or 7zip will open rar
files
as well as zip files and others . I dont see what the problem is , we
all
have our favourite archive generators and they all , these days, open
many
files types .

Brian