Re: New file uploaded to TekScopes@groups.io

Brian

I merely mentioned that as it is the most common one used for zip files , but equally as you mention them winrar, winzip or 7zip will open rar files as well as zip files and others . I dont see what the problem is , we all have our favourite archive generators and they all , these days, open many files types .

Brian

From: Malcolm Hunter <malcolm.r.hunter@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, 1 February 2018, 18:03
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] New file uploaded to TekScopes@groups.io

If you upload zip files, which you can create with WinRAR, WinZip or 7-Zip,
it means people don't have to install any third-party software in order to
open your uploads. Only you mentioned using WinZip as far as I can see in
this thread.

Malc

On 1 February 2018 at 17:41, Brian via Groups.Io <
brianas1948=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi , this would be instead of third-party s/w called winzip . I think you
will find that the latest winzip will open .rar files
Brian