Re: OT: But still techie... what is it? There are

glkinst <glkinst@...>

Dave,Interesting device. Thanks for sharing it with the group.George

On Monday, January 22, 2018 10:24 PM, Dave Seiter <d.seiter@...> wrote:

OK, that makes a lot of sense.  I was confused by the fact that there were no thru ports for electrical, and that the container seemed ill-suited for whatever the sensor assembly was detecting. The container does have an o-ring.
Thanks All for the info; I wasn't getting much searching, maybe because I was using duckduckgo.
-Dave

      From: George Kerber <gk5220@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT: But still techie... what is it? There are

Google search found that it is a " Focused Mesh Multiplier (MM-1). For
pulse counting or current measurement of electrons, ions, UV or x-ray
photons, and energetic neutral atoms or molecules."  The can is just a
shipping container for protection of the delicate assembly and may be
filled inert gas or vacuum for shipping. Is there an o-ring or gasket on
the can? - george
see http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ac60301a735

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 5:35 PM, John Griessen <@jgriessen> wrote:

On 01/22/2018 04:54 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

How does one deal with this?
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=16071   What is it? Updated 12:09
pm