Re: Help restoring a 547 scope

donald collie

Apply a small fan to the transformer?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 10:08 AM, felix_cantor via Groups.Io <
felix_cantor=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

ok, sadly it seems that i need to add to my 547`s issues a bad HV
transformer.

I just turned the scope on after cleaning the transistors with their
sockets and the CRT started slowly dimming out after around 20 minutes.
Strange thing though is that yesterday it stayed good all the time. Before
the wash it also did loose brightness over time.

I believe that fixing this issue is quite involved as far as I`ve read.
Bummer. Any tips?

Goode news is that it greatly improved trace stability with the
transistors cleaned up. Now the trace its pretty much perfect besides some
flickering that I think its related to the HV transformer.

Best.