Re: OT: Sunon SP100A 115V fan (0.26A) in a 240V unit

Ed Breya

It depends very much on the specific fan brand/model/design. I have often added R/C networks to drop fan speed and noise. Some fans work just fine, while others don't. When you drop enough voltage to get a good speed range with a reactive network, the fan doesn't have enough starting torque to go reliably, and when you trim it back up to start well, it hardly drops any running speed. I always mark and set aside the relatively few good ones for low-speed applications. Ed