Re: Leaking capacitors once again.

Ed Breya

The 109Ds are wet-slug Ta caps. If they are just used for supply bypassing, you can replace them with similar-sized dry type solid Ta caps. But, watch the voltage rating versus the supply voltages - the wet ones were often used because of their much higher voltage capability and high CV density. It's hard to find larger sized dry Ta ones above 35V. At 35V rating, this limits reliable application to around 25V. You can replace them with suitably rated Al electrolytics, but you need about five to ten times the uF of the Ta types, to get comparable ESR. This means jamming rather large or multiple Al caps into confined space.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.