Re: First draft of the Tek knob visual index project

Dano

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 08:55 am, tronix_cal wrote:

Are you using the Common Design Parts Catalog for any part of the project?
While it doesn't have the useable on code (Knob to Model number) listing, the
dimensions, logos, labeling, method of manufacture (molded/machined) and ID/OD
info is all there, with a directory of drawings. I know of a hard copy I
could borrow. The data could be extracted, without outright copying of the
entire content, couldn't it?
I have that manual, and am planning on scanning in the section with knobs to send to Walter. Just a FYI, in case you don't have easy access to it.

I'm still trying to find ANYONE who has more of those volumes, I'd like to get them scanned in and make them available (hopefully without stepping on toes). I realize they, either don't exist, or they do, and no one wants to part with them. Will have to figure out that hurdle, but no one has responded to my prior request, so that's the first step. Anyone willing to work with me? I have a high speed scanner, however it's only 8.5" x Unlimited, so folded pages will be tougher since they're typically 11x~17.

I have Volume 2 (1988 release), but that's it. I'd love to see those microfiche get scanned in too!

I'll start a new thread when I've got my system(s) setup better for scanning workflow. Feel free to response in the meantime though.

Cheers!

-Dano