Re: 5440 No Trace

Rick

The brand new HV multiplier arrived today. I popped it in and the trace came right back. Everything is looking good. In fact R410 stays very cool. Looking good.

When I put the HV cover back, turned it back on and there was no trace. I didn't realize that R410 was close enough to touch the HV cover and shorted the 44 volt line to ground. I moved it away and the trace didn't come back. I figured I blew the fuse. Fuses all good. All voltage rails are good on LV board and coming into the HV board. Nothing at -3kV test point. Yikes. This is frustrating. I guess I'll undo the multiplier and see if the -3kV comes back. If it does then I guess screwed up the new multiplier.