Re: First draft of the Tek knob visual index project

Michael A. Terrell

I have a couple of the 323/324 scopes if you'd like photos of those knobs. It will be a few weeks before I can dig them out to remove the knobs to photo. I prefer to scan the faces on a flatbed scanner, for better lighting and detail. An example is the black knob on this page:

<http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/Ephar.html>

The website is quite old, and was built with hand written HTML so it is rather plain looking. Part of the site was lost by the host, or there would be more scanned images to show. The only updated page is the 'Current Projects', which I use to keep track of the test equipment that I have.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Dec 30, 2017 3:51 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] First draft of the Tek knob visual index project

I have a 12 page PDF I can send to anybody interested of the beginning of the project, to show knob pics, data, layout format and other details. It is much too early to post, as only 3 sections are started, but I would like to get comments, error corrections, additional data and any suggestions if you feel like proofing it. just email me (off-list) to get a draft copy.

I especially need good pics of OLDER Tektronix knobs (or knobs I can photograph), from the 500 scope series and related vintage instruments, as I do not have many here, and none have part number data so far. this one area will really need some research work.

all the best for the new year to everybody.
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.

Michael A. Terrell

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.