Re: 7K mainframes common-mode input range?

Ed Breya

Thanks David, for refresh of the link to Hakan's - I've seen many of the documents there but always seem to misplace my downloaded ones. I was using the info on the PS ratings listed in the 7A17 manual, which make sense being there since it's for DIY plug-ins, more or less. The power is indeed quite limited for serious high speed logic circuitry, but I'm trying to live with it rather than adding a switcher. For example, I have some relays to drive, and they will run from the +15 into the +5, so the coil currents will add to the +5 output availability. I've got the ECL down to a minimal number of pieces, just for the fastest stuff, then 74HC for the rest.

Ed