Re: Curved CRTs?

Fabio Trevisan

Guys...

wyzkydd2358=yahoo.com@groups.io>:
That would be the "Watchman."
Bingo! I don't know I couldn't recall the name!

Rgrds,

Fabio

wyzkydd2358=yahoo.com@groups.io>:

That would be the "Watchman."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Watchman

--Eric
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8.
-------- Original message --------From: Fabio Trevisan <
fabio.tr3visan@...> Date: 12/28/17 4:58 PM (GMT-06:00) To:
TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Curved CRTs?
Hi Guys,
Sony indeed made the equivalent of the Walkman as a TV... don't remember
how it was called, let's call it the "TV Man" (as the CD was DiscMan).
But on that mini TV, the beam was projected straight, the only thing is
that the phosphor screen was inclined so that it was viewed from its side,
instead of from its back... and the C.R.T. looking towards the gun, was a
thin rectangle.
Door Security Camera Monitors used this kind of CRT, for many years after
the Sony "TV Man" disappeared (not too long ago I still saw one of those
Door Camera Monitors).

Cheers and Happy 2018 to all.

Fabio

Not sure how practical that is.

However, CRTs that had the gun to one side were made - the beam being
bent at right angles, I think, I seem to remember that some guy used
them in a portable TV.

Dave

On 28/12/2017 22:10, cheater cheater wrote:
Hi guys,
I wonder why no one ever made CRTs that curve around? Long CRTs are
very
thin cones and I wonder if anyone tried "folding" them into a spiral.
If
the glasswork were precise enough, the electrons could be led through
the
spiral without need for a very long CRT.

.