From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Pjotr Tolstiakov <ilmuerte@...>
Sent: December 20, 2017 12:25:54 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7L14 Bad first mixer?

Hi Dallas,

The greater sign by the -30 ( < -30) means that the variable gain is
turned out of the cal position
to some increase of gain. and the noise floor is to high, should be 20
dB lower than shown.

You're welcome and yes, you're right. I tried now the same settings on my
7L18, may not be fully comparable but noise level is indeed much better.

The reason I think the first mixer is bad is it has the same display
conditions as my old 7L14 with bad mixer.

I don't have much experience with SA mixers, always thought these are
simple devices that either work or not. Is it really possible to "singe" it,
so that it still works, but with lower sensitivity? I mean is it common to
get only partial damage?

The price on the auction is already stellar so I'll pass for sure as well.

Best Regards, Nenad