Re: Tek Knob Project - scan and make

Daniel Koller

Not necessarily.  You can cast the knob twice, then slice the mold in two with a razor and combine the two good halves to form a complete mold.  I have not done this for knobs, but I have done it for plastic gears, and it works, assuming the knob is symmetrical.
  Dan

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 7:21:17 PM EST, Richard R. Pope <mechanic_2@...> wrote:

Brad,
    That assumes that you have a complete knob to make a copy of.
Merry Christmas,
rich!

On 12/20/2017 8:04 AM, Brad Thompson wrote:

On 12/20/2017 8:53 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:
The knobs are plastic primarily for cost of manufacture.
<snip>

Hello--
Has anyone explored using RTV silicone rubber to form a mold of an
existing
knob, followed by using the mold to cast a replacement knob using
acrylic resin (or another compound)?

73--

Brad  AA1IP