Re: Tek Knob Project - scan and make

Phillip Potter

Hi Anthony,

Yep, that is in evidence! I squeezed them as tightly as I could and applied the juice, in an attempt to shore them up, but I am not optimistic that they will last very long. The ones that had been previously re-glued were a mess and I just put the juice over the top of the former botched job.

Thanks for the reply.

Phil

On 12/19/2017 7:36 PM, Anthony via Groups.Io wrote:
If you look at intact knobs, they usually have a hairline crack on one side. They will survive a long time this way as the crack releases stress in the part. But I suspect the plastic in the knobs has shrunk over time against the aluminum inserts, causing them to eventually break.