Not really any  different that the Yahoo groups. you got email over there but if you were not logged in yahoo groups you couldn't get to the various sub menus ( files photos etc) You may have had your computer / browser set up to auto log in the Yahoo groups and since it has been so long since you set it up the log in on yahoo groups was transparent to you ... The same can be the case with group .io if you  allow save password in your browser

Dave
manuals@...

On 12/19/2017 1:08 PM, n4buq wrote:
BTW, if I go to the home page, it displays a message stating I'm not subscribed to this group (or any groups for that matter). Odd since I get the messages to my inbox...

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

----- Original Message -----
From: "n4buq" <n4buq@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:04:02 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Questions regarding new group

Glad to see this is moving to a better platform.

I do, however, have a couple of questions about this.

I went to the group.io homepage and can see the tekscopes messages, but am
not seeing anything for photos or other files. Are those linked from the
homepage?

At the homepage, it has a login link. Do I need to create a groups.io
membership? I tried logging in as a Google account, but that didn't seem to
take me back to the tekscopes homepage and clicking back there didn't expose
any new functionality that I saw so am curious what/if I need to do anything
else.

Thanks to all who made this possible! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Barry - N4BUQ

--
Dave
Manuals@...