Re: Tek 2753P Manuals

tomb8mail

So, I found some manuals for a 494AP which is similar to mine. Also found some 494 repair notes which looks to be a good find. Anyway, I finally got around to powering it up with a dim bulb circuit and a 200W bulb. A couple LEDS on the front came on and the scope backlights but that is it. The bulb in the test circuit also lit to about half brightness I would guess, not sure if it's safe to hook up to the variac and get some power board voltages??? Got the case off, very nice and clean inside, good sign. One of the main filter caps has the plastic a little ruffled on top so maybe that got a little hot at some point. Having a little difficulty getting to the power board, not sure if the go by from the 494 is the same so I am kinda hesitant to go any further trying to disassemble it. Hoping it's just a few electrolytics to replace get her up and going. The downside to this unit is that it is a huge beast of a machine. Have no clue where I will set this up if I ever get it going.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/download/file.php?id=198994