From: TekScopes@... [mailto:TekScopes@...]
Sent: 13 December 2017 14:49
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Deane Kidd and the Metric System

On 13/12/17 13:33, Adrian Nicol fenland787a@... [TekScopes] wrote:
Perhaps it helped with handling numbers to different bases in later life
As kids we were taught arithmetic in quite a few bases, including at least
2,3,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,20,22,112,1760,2040
Naturally we didn't realise we were doing that, we just did it.

But thank all the deities I never had to do that in anger as an adult.
Metrication was, and is, a godsend.