Re: New member and owner of a Ten 465

On 14 Nov 2017 16:25:00 +0000, you wrote:

I only have a problem with phasing. When I try to test the x-y mode with the same signal on both channels, I don’t have a diagonal line, but an elliptic diagonal figure.

I have to check that more out, because Now it looks like there is few degrees phase difference between the 2 channels.

When I see the both channels on my screen not in x-y mode, they seem in phase, but that is probably because the way I trigger. I don’t know, I haven’t seen this problem in a scope before. But never have had a more then 40 year olol scope that probably hasn’t had any calibration in 20 years or so.
Triggering has no meaning in X-Y mode except in that the trigger
source and trigger coupling affect the X input.

The vertical delay line and to a lesser extent low horizontal
bandwidth limits X-Y bandwidth at low phase differences. For the 465,
I think this is 50 kHz up to 3 degrees of phase difference. Some
oscilloscopes but not the 465 series or portable oscilloscopes in
general have a phase correction option which increases this to 1 MHz
or more.