From: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of Chuck Harris cfharris@erols.com [TekScopes] <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:46 PM
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: DIY TD Pulser

I have two of them. One has a bad TD, the other works, but
is easily 10 times slower than the spec's say it should be.

I had heard that when tektronix made them they had no real
way of measuring the pulse risetime, so they guessed.

-Chuck Harris

David davidwhess@gmail.com [TekScopes] wrote:
Why can't you use the random sampling capability on the 7T11? Then at
least no delay line should be required. A power divider might still
be desirable to separate the sampling kickout from the trigger.

Tektronix had a slightly more complex tunnel diode pulse generator
which generated a pretrigger:

<http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/067-0513-00>

It would be interesting to see the inside to see how it was
constructed.