Re: DIY TD Pulser

Siggi

Hey Joseph,

I built one of those, and the complexity/value is not in the circuit. It's
mostly in the characterization of the behavior of the physical construction
of the circuit. Mine has a rise time of ~200ps, as determined by my TDS
784D and some maths. Plenty good to calibrate the transient response of my
485 and 2467, though I do worry about the pre-shoot and overshoot I see on
the TDS.
I'll need to look closer one day, now that I have a 7834, 7S11/7T11 - just
need a decent power splitter and a delay line, and a few more little things
:).

Siggi

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 at 18:14 joseph@danyabutter.com [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sergey - thanks for the information. I looked at the schematic from the
data sheet and you are correct, this is not a very complex circuit. Not
sure why folks want over $200 for it. Guess they are hard to come by - law
of supply and demand.