Re: Ebay seller playing shenanigans on scope auction

Tom Jobe <tomjobe@...>

The whole world can see the bid history of every eBay auction everyday.
The auction, the bidding process and bidding history you are raving
about was absolutely ordinary with no hint of foul play.
The winner of the auction did not even use a bidding 'snipe' which would
have been to his or her advantage against such inexperienced bidders and
gotten the winner that scope for even less money!
tom jobe...

On 11/11/2017 3:01 PM, joseph@danyabutter.com [TekScopes] wrote:

[Dennis Tillman wrote}

Look carefully at the bidding history before reaching any conclusions
that this was a shill for chipxs. The bidding history suggests
otherwise. Most of the bids were by newbies who don't have a clue how
Ebay bidding works

[Dennis Tillman]

My reply:

I was going to let this drop but Dennis obviously is misrepresenting
the situation - he did not include all the automatic bids in his
presentation nor the bid amounts. Provide all the facts please not
just the ones you want folks to know.

I was bidder a***o(378) in the list Dennis provided and the winning
bidder (the one that bailed) was o***h(47) who drove the bid up from
$286 - ended at $396. There are a lot of automatic bids from o***h(47)
not listed by Dennis. If o***h(47) bailed why should I pay the price
o***h(47) drove it up to when o***h(47) had no intention of buying the
scope for that price. Again, mighty suspicious that the winning bidder
drives it up this far and decides not to take the scope. Got the
second chance offer within an hour of loosing the auction.

o***h(47) (winner bailed)$396.00
http://www.ebay.com/usr/$$todaysdeal$$?_trksid=p2471758.m4792
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=$$todaysdeal$$&_trksid=p2471758.m8677Me
(a***o in earlier post)
$391.00
o***h(47) This is is an automatic bid $381.00
http://www.ebay.com/usr/$$todaysdeal$$?_trksid=p2471758.m4792
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=$$todaysdeal$$&_trksid=p2471758.m8677Me
(a***o in earlier post)$376.00
o***h This is an automatic bid$366.00
http://www.ebay.com/usr/$$todaysdeal$$?_trksid=p2471758.m4792Me (a***o
in earlier post)$361.00
o***h(47) This is an automatic bid $316.00
http://www.ebay.com/usr/$$todaysdeal$$?_trksid=p2471758.m4792Me (a***o
in earlier post)$311.00
o***h(47) This is an automatic bid$291.00
Other bidder$286.00

Regarding negative feedback for a seller - ebay makes it almost
impossible these days to leave negative feedback if the seller offers
a return/refund.

I'm also curious how Dennis got the bid history unless he was bidding
on this scope (unlikely since he did not mention this) or has some
connection with the seller and got the information from them.

I may be new to this forum but I was not born yesterday. As for sour
grapes - I have no problem with being legitimately outbid, however, I
have a huge problem when I think folks are gaming the system.