From: cmguitar50@gmail.com [TekScopes]
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2017 6:43 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tek 465B Magic Soot

I bought a 465B as-is, etc. and thought I could get it up and running and discovered fuse 4508 was blown. I put a 1A in it's place and that blew also.

I decided to move this beast off my bench and while doing so discovered some magic soot on the inside of the case and on a CRT connection ? (red wire). also. Is this thing worth fixing? I have another scope that works, so theres no urgency to it.