Re: TDS 820 leaky SMD capacitors

Fabio Trevisan

Hello,
Just my 2 cents here...
Beware of high value Ceramic capacitors... They have a very poor
Temperature Coefficient and they can loose an important percentage of their
nominal value when warmed up / heated.
The lasrger they are, the poorest TC they have.
Be sure that you have value in excess to compensate for the loss, and
consider if this additional capacitance will have some negative impact on
the circuit, at least for the period of time when they will be still cool.

Rgrds,

Fabio

TekScopes@...>:

For replacement, I no longer used electrolytic capacitors. I used ceramic
capacitors that have better esr and are more durable.
1. http://realstrannik.com/media/kunena/attachments/422/P1019965.JPG
http://realstrannik.com/media/kunena/attachments/422/P1019965.JPG

2. http://realstrannik.com/media/kunena/attachments/422/P1019966.JPG
http://realstrannik.com/media/kunena/attachments/422/P1019966.JPG