7A26 caps

I have several 7A26 that had been sitting unused for a long time. I thought I'd check their
status and calibrate them. I was surprised to see so many bad variable caps in the step response adjustments. I didn't count but it was probably at least ten total out of four plugins. They are the
small round ones with 5mm spacing and all are the same brand. They are marked with AJ plus
the capacitance range and could also be identified by one of the mounting pins is soldered to the
side of the cap. The problem is that they seem to completely open i.e. no capacitance.
Does anyone else have the same experience ?

There is also another brand of similar caps which rarely cause problems.

/HÃ¥kan