Re: Restoring a type 547 and 422 scopes (also my introduction to the group=

Kevin Wood G7BCS

Well, this prompted me to fire up my 546 to check and.. you're absolutely right. Not sure where I got the feeling that the filament glowed visibly. I'm sure I've seen a delay element that does light up.. Then again, I remembered it being on the central bulkhead of the 'scope and not down with the rest of the PSU components so I clearly confused it with something else.

Anyway, apologies for the bum steer.

Kevin
G7BCS

On 06/09/17 16:59, David Wise david_wise@... [TekScopes] wrote:
K600's heating element does not heat to visible temperature. The only sign that it is warm is its contacts closing.