Re: 475 Grid Bias problem

Jeff Davis

Looking again at the schematic, I see that the anode of CR1373 is the INPUT to the DC restorer. So my confusion, verifying that the input is good does not verify the DC Restorer function.

Going back to the original thread, I see there was a recommendation to replace suspect parts in the DC Restorer circuits for the grid and focus. I'm willing to do that, although I always hate to tear into a mostly working scope for fear of damaging something in the process. I'm assuming we're talking about C1371, C1372, and C1380. Diodes would be CR1377, CR1379, and possibly CR1371 and CR1373 as well?

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take to confirm the problem before making a parts order and tearing into these circuits?