Re: SG502 Schematic, Component Layout

Jeff Davis

Thanks David and Dave for the responses (and reassurance that I'm not off topic). I looked for identifying markings on the board and the chassis, with little success. The only numbers anywhere are the copyright date (1971) and "R0039E" on the upper right side of the board. Other than the front panel graphics, nothing identifying the unit on the chassis either.

I've never learned to read component date codes, so that will take a bit of research before I can report back.

I'll also have to do some reverse engineering in order to identify Q235, as the area around the coaxial jack looks different than the component layout drawing. In particular, there's a TO-style can device with 8 leads that I don't see anywhere on the layout.