Re: [hp_agilent_equipment] Analog vs Digital Oscilloscopes

Lyle Bickley

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:02:04 +0000 (UTC)
"Daniel Koller kaboomdk@yahoo.com [TekScopes]"
<TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

--snip--

But seriously, what are folks our there doing with their
scopes, at the highest frequency bandwidth they've needed, whether
they be digital or analog? Dan
I am a vintage computer collector - which includes restoration of
micros, minicomputers and mainframes. I typically use an analog scope of
350MHz (Tek 2465A) - but for more complex debugging I use a 500MHz
LeCroy DSO (up to 10GS/s with a large amount of memory to store long
sequences). The characteristics of the probes I use match the scopes in
bandwidth and risetime.

I also use 600MHz FET probes with the LeCroy for testing circuits which
are sensitive to loading...

I also use a 1GHz logic analyzer (and matching probes) for even more
complex debugging. (I also have modules and probes for 4GHz - but have
never found it necessary to use them).

Cheers,
Lyle
--