Re: On-topic: HP 1743A portable oscilloscope having unique feature?

I am not sure what you mean here. All of the oscilloscopes which
> support delayed sweep and delta delayed sweep graphically show what
> measurement is being made.
I think that I still haven't been able to explain what I think is unique for a 'scope of its era and very useful.
I'll try and explain. I'll refer to the start of each B-sweep as the marker or cursor:

With the HP 1743A set in "B-runs-after delay" mode, both markers / cursors are placed by hand (delay knobs), each by a small amount before subsequent rising edges of a 1 KHz (exact) square wave. Let's say that the interval shows "0.837 ms" on the numeric display.
Now, when I switch to "B triggerable after delay" (on rising edge), not only do the cursors jump to the first rising edges of the waveform after their respective delay, but also the interval display now shows "1.000 ms". If I increase the Stop delay setting beyond the next falling edge, the Stop cursor jumps to the rising edge of the next period and the numeric display shows "2.000 ms". Furthermore, if I slightly change the signal period (depending on both delay settings) and I vary the input frequency, the cursors follow and *so does the numeric display value*.
Obviously, the standard 7000 time bases don't do that, not even the delta time setups, nor do the 2236, 2247A and others, to the best of my knowledge.
Mind you, I'm not saying I couldn't do the measurements that I'm doing here with other 'scopes, just not in this way and not with a display like this. Its simplicity and non-ambiguity immediately struck me once I saw it first.

Raymond