Re: New member introduction...

Vincent Trouilliez

Hi Fabio,

>By the way, you said you're on Aircraft maintenance business... I can't
refrain from asking... Do you work for Air France?
Nope.. I don't work in maintenance, sadly.. I was TRAINED for that.. but I found out that MRO companies do'nt waste time/money on newbies like me... they hire only seasoned people...
A week before passing my final exam, I got recruited by a company that does Quality Control. So that's what I have been doing for the past 5 years. I work at a major Airbus site (in Saint-Nazaire), mostly on the new airbus programe, thee A350 XWB (carbon plane, competition for the Boeing 787 "Dreamliner").
I also worked for 6 month on the A400M, the new military Aircraft, supposed to free Europe from buying american C130... but it's doesn't quite work so we keep buying C130 until the A400M finally can be made to work...

Hell I DID work in maintenance... for 3 weeks only, as part of our one year training program we had to do a 3 week mini-placement. I love helicopters, especially off-shore/oil and Gas, and luckily I managed to be accepted at "Heli-Union", a French company that's one of the world wide leaders in oil and gas heli transportation. In northern America the equivalent would be the famous 'CHC'. Inthe UK 'Bristow'. In Belgium 'NHV' is very young in this market but with great ambitions and growing fast

http://www.heli-union.com/ http://www.heli-union.com/

My 3 weeks there were very intense, I loved every minute of it. I got the chance to work mostly on one of my favorite heli, the military version of the "Dauphin"/Dolphin Helicopter (from AĆ©rospatiale/Eurocopter/ Now "Airbus Helicopter."). That heli is quite well know in the USA too, as we sold quite a few there, for coast guard/search and rescue missions, known there/rebadged as the " HH 65"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVwzNfVj9g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmVwzNfVj9g

As for your collection, for someone who's (only) 39 and not working
>directly on the electronics / R&D or Repair / business, you have quite an
> impressive assortment!

They are old and not very expensive (compared to what the equivalent would cost new...)

>I wish I could say the same. I'm 53 and only one year ago I managed to get
my first Tek...this stuff is hard to get by in Brazil and when they show
>up, it's always expensive.

Brazil is much closer to the US than I am... shipping should be more reasonable I would think ? Can't you just buy stuff on-line on Ebay USA and get it shipped to your country ??

Just realized... in my first message, replace "TDS 360" with "TDS 310" , I got mixed up ! Yeah I admit, I don't know my TDS3XX family tree by heart just yet... I wish it were a 360 though, 310 is only 200MS/s, 360 has 1GS/s it appears, and a floppy drive to boot (pun intended..). But who cares, now that I have the 544A.

--
Vince