Re: Another scope 7854

Joe Laffey

On Fri, 5 May 2017, David @DWH [TekScopes] wrote:

On Thu, 4 May 2017 17:38:45 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

I got a suitable replacement from my local store and will swap it out
later today.
Recalibrating the transient response is not trivial on these; it
requires a reference level pulse generator like a PG506. What you
could do instead is apply the same fast pulse to both channels and
adjust C375 until the pulse response of channel 2 is as close as
possible to channel 1. If you do not have anything better, then the
sync or trigger output from a function generator is probably fast
enough.

For square waves I have a PG502, an FG504, an IEC F34, a Wavetek 145, and an old DataPulse 101. I think the PG502 is the fastest of those. I could also build a Jim Williams fast edge circuit.

When you say refernece level you mean that the peaks have to be very accurate calibrated? (The amplitude of the square wave) ??

Thanks again.

--
73
Joe Laffey