Re: Type 503 Oscilloscope Issues

Dave Casey

That's certainly an option. You could also spend more time making
measurements to verify that V620 is the problem. The carbon composition
resistors used in electronics of this era tend to drift high over time,
especially if stored at high humidity. It's likely that several resistors
in the scope are out of spec, including those around V634 and V620.

Dave Casey

On Apr 25, 2017 1:31 AM, "enchanter464@... [TekScopes]" <
TekScopes@...> wrote:

Sorry Dave, I'm afraid that I do not have a replacement tube to test with.
I only found out recently that the other analog scopes I had mentioned were
removed by the department earlier this year to make everything digital (and
to free up storage space). I am not sure if they were transferred
elsewhere, or more likely, just discarded. However, I can easily order a
new tube, which would be good to have on hand anyway.

Evan