2465 with digital display like klingon

ImSparticus

Im new to the group and have been having a look through the posts. Some excellent work done here. I havnt come across this particular fault as yet.

My 2465, which was sat on a shelf in our cal lab for some time was tried out recently. Lots of smoke from the X caps which I have replaced. I noticed before the caps failed, and is the same now, the digital displays top and bottom of CRT are kind of like in Klingon !

I figure there is an error on start up as I have to press the slope or trig button after self test.

I have checked the PSU volts including ripple only on my Fluke meter and all seem to meet the manual requirements.

Dont want to recap the whole PSU yet if there is an unobtainable part fault.

Any help appreciated.