Re: 7S14 Dual Trace Sampler Mercury Cell Replacement

Dennis wrote "Mercury cells were banned a long time ago and there simply is no substitute."

This is not completely accurate. To be precise, mercury cells were banned in the US and many other countries a long time ago but are still being manufactured in a few countries. I don't know what cell the 7S14 Dual Trace Sampler used, but the common PX625 mercury cell used in photographic applications is readily available in Russia and I suspect other types of mercury cells are available also. Now whether you would choose to purchase and use them is an entirely different issue. I think building a 1.35V constant voltage power supply would be a much more elegant solution.

http://px625.ru/ http://px625.ru/