From: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TekScopes@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 28 March 2017 06:25
To: TekScopes@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek
Semiconductor Curve Trace

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your offer but for the moment I think I have a better
solution. The pins coming out of a tube base are about 1/4" (6.8mm). If I
try to push a longer pin into a tube socket it bottoms out at about 0.28"
(7.25mm). So I'm concerned that the 12mm pin length you have will cause
problems.

I have found a workable solution. Vector still makes pins that are the right
diameter and approximately the right length. They are meant to be pressed
into place in a PC Board through hole and then soldered to the pad
surrounding the hole. Since the vacuum tube curve tracer I was making will
ultimately be built on a printed circuit board I can work out a way to use
the Vector pins I found.

Dennis Tillman W7PF