Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 5:26 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek
Semiconductor Curve Trace

At this point I am not sure if you are looking for a socket or a plug but in
either case, they make pins and large collet sockets which can be swaged or
soldered into printed circuit board material.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:56:22 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Cheater,
In a pinch I did make a 9 pin plug using 0.040" bus bar pushed into an
existing 9 pin socket, with a piece of PVC tubing around it, and I potted
the entire thing. What you get is crude, and it takes a fair amount of time
to do this. So this is hardly a reasonable solution except in a pinch. I was
hoping for something that was much more professional and took far less time.
I don't mind paying $10 for a plug that I can order from somewhere.

Some of the tube stuff seems to have disappeared, and other stuff seems to
be doing just fine. I haven't figured out which stuff is rare that I should
jump at them whenever they show up versus the stuff that is still very
common and still being produced. I'm new to the whole tube world. Last time
I touched a vacuum tube was 40+ years ago until very recently.

Dennis Tillman W7PF
Posted by: David <davidwhess@gmail.com>