Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 3:13 AM
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek Semiconductor Curve Trace

Have you considered making your own? 1/8" phenolic or fiberglass epoxy sheet is cheap on Ebay, along with various sizes of round acrylic plastic disks. Thread some brass rod, and tap holes in the insulator of you choice. A nut on the reverse side will keep it secure.

If there is enough interest, I could build a batch of them. I have 7 pin, 9 pin, and other tubes to use as models. I may still have some of the rare 10 in, which is a nine pin plus a single center pin which was used for some mixer applications. Noval and Compactron bases can be made the same way.

I will be making some four pin plugs the make connectors for some obsolete batteries this way. The fun part is that the battery has the male pins, with 90VDC on two of the pins so I will add a switch to disable it until the plug is seated into the recessed connector.

Here is a scan of an old Amphenol catalog that contains older tube sockets for your reference:

http://www.tubebooks.org/file_downloads/Amphenol.pdf