Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:34 PM
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek
Semiconductor Curve Trace

Hey Dennis, this just occurred to me - if you can't find any off-shelf
miniature tube style plugs, how about just cutting some pin stock to make
them extra long, and jam them into a socket to form a male plug assembly.
You should be able to solder the pins to the lugs on this socket, or epoxy
it up to keep it together.

It would effectively start as a female-female adapter, with the loose pins
joining two sockets face to face - one as an alignment jig, and the other to
become the plug assembly once the pins are bonded to it somehow. Any base
style that has reverse-axial symmetry could have plugs made in this way.

Ed
Posted by: edbreya@yahoo.com