Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek Semiconductor Curve Trace

At this point I am not sure if you are looking for a socket or a plug
but in either case, they make pins and large collet sockets which can
be swaged or soldered into printed circuit board material.

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:56:22 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Cheater,
In a pinch I did make a 9 pin plug using 0.040" bus bar pushed into an existing 9 pin socket, with a piece of PVC tubing around it, and I potted the entire thing. What you get is crude, and it takes a fair amount of time to do this. So this is hardly a reasonable solution except in a pinch. I was hoping for something that was much more professional and took far less time. I don't mind paying $10 for a plug that I can order from somewhere.

Some of the tube stuff seems to have disappeared, and other stuff seems to be doing just fine. I haven't figured out which stuff is rare that I should jump at them whenever they show up versus the stuff that is still very common and still being produced. I'm new to the whole tube world. Last time I touched a vacuum tube was 40+ years ago until very recently.

Dennis Tillman W7PF