From: 'Dennis Tillman' dennis@ridesoft.com [TekScopes] <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
To: TekScopes <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Mar 26, 2017 10:46 pm
Subject: RE: [TekScopes] Re: A Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer for all Tek Semiconductor Curve Trace

Hi Bill,
In my case I needed tube PLUGS that would plug into a tube SOCKET. That is
my problem.

I am well aware of Tubesandmore. They certainly have a nice selection of 4
pin, 5 pin, 7 pin, 8 pin , and 9 pin tube SOCKETS. Unfortunately other than
8 pin tube PLUGS they, or anyone else for that matter, do not sell 7 pin
miniature tube PLUGS or 9 pin miniature PLUGS. Since 7 pin miniature tubes
and 9 pin miniature tubes have their pins coming right out of the glass
envelope this will make it very hard to get what I need by smashing spent
tubes to try and get an intact set of pins around the base of the tube.

As John Gord pointed out one way to find some of these is by searching for
socket savers. They, too, are scarce these days. Not many people are
designing things with tubes. There was a 9 pin and a 7 pin socket saver
auction on Ebay and I bid $28 for them but someone outbid me. I have no way
to know how high that person's ultimate bid might have been.

Dennis Tillman, W7PF