Re: LF Compensation of a 468 scope

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

Honestly? How much better could it have done?

Intel based PC's ate the lunch of everything, the
680XX, the Power PC, the RISC, stuff, most mainframes...

I can't see Motorola ever doing that. They had a
much better processor, but a much worse attitude.

-Chuck Harris

'Tom Miller' tmiller11147@verizon.net [TekScopes] wrote:

IBM had a large financial interest in Intel at the time. See:
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/29/business/ibm-ends-intel-financial-support.html

That is why the PC was based on the Intel processor. In my opinion, the PC would
have done better with the Motorola 68K processors. Since IBM owned about 20% of
Intel, they pretty much had the clout to demand a second source for the chips.

Regards