Re: Cleaning the front of the scope

David Berlind

Hi @barry...

meant to say thank you for pointing me back to the Simpson260 site. I had
been there for both the user and repair manual but didn't think to look
harder for a separate calibration manual. In fact, there is one there for
my meter and it looks like it was prepared for the military. So, good news
is that there's a calibration manual and I'll probably be able to get the
volts dialed in just as soon as I can hook up to something with more than
250 volts (like an amp that I don't currently have in my possession). Bad
news is that there's no calibration for ohms. Slight silver lining is that
there's a footnote that says to use short test leads when doing resistance
testing. So, I need to build or acquire some leads that are shorter than
the ones I've got to see if that works.