Re: 7903, 7704A Power Supplies

Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...>

Hi,

I would not bother with comp resistors. Nothing in the PS is that
inductance sensitive. You can mount the film resistors off the board a bit
if worried about failure mode.

jerry

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM, brentleew2003@yahoo.com [TekScopes] <
TekScopes@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I am going through both power supplies because of age and performance
issues and find most of the carbon comp resistors have drifted as expected
for their age and use. I am not sure if there is a reason to replace with
carbon composition again or substitute with metal film. I have metal film
on hand but would have to source carbon comps. Also, I assume this change (
either type ) will throw calibration out. Appreciate all opinions,
Brent